Once again, the Cutting Edge conference will bring together young and established researchers to discuss the topics in three main sections:
SCIENCE BEHIND THE LIVING
TECHNOLOGIES FOR THE EARTH AND ENVIRONMENT
MATERIALS OF THE FUTURE
We are thrilled to announce our three invited speakers:
dr. Andrej Grubišič, Slovene scientist at NASA
prof. dr. András Perczel, Eötvös Loránd University from Budapest
prof. dr. Blaž Likozar, Kemijski inštitut, Ljubljana
WHEN? Tuesday, 19. 9. 2017
WHERE? Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, University of Ljubljana, Večna pot 113, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
WHO? Bacchelor students, Master students, PhD students and Post-docs (finished PhD in 2013 or later), who work in the field of any of the three topics the conference covers, are welcome to actively participate, to present their work as an oral presentation or with a poster. All the rest, welcome to join us as passive participants!
WHY? Oh, we do not even know where to start!
• We aim to enable young scientists a possibility to present their research to their peers, to discuss the results and to entangle the scientific problems from various perspectives.
• This year we made a special collaboration with Acta Chimica Slovenica, enabling young authors to submit and publish their own scientific article. The ones chosen for the publication will present their work as oral presentations.
• Since we know how expensive the registration fees can be, we will keep them at a symbolic price for all the participants this year as well.
• We will bring to you the possibility to listen to lectures from three established researchers and discuss your work with professors.
• There will be chocolate chip cookies.
HOW? Klick to apply! The registration fee is 10 € for students and 35 € for other participants (both prices include lunch and coffee breaks) and should be finalised by the 8th of September 2017 by wire transfer to the following account (for purpuse of payment, please include the name and surname of the participant):
Društvo Cutting Edge
Večna pot 113
SI56 6100 0001 6614 119
After the payment is received, we will send the invoice for it to your email address specified in the application. If you wish to receive a quotation before payment, please write to us.
And don’t forget to tell all your friends and colleauges about it. Even those from abroad, since the event will be in english.
Best of luck with your research and see you in September 2017!
The organizing committee of Cutting Edge 2017